Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Spinning

I didn't get to blogging last night because we had Caden and Kiley again. Can we say Uncle Jason is a sucker? Haha... not only did they get him talked into staying but while at walmart picking up some diapers for Kiley they got him talked into new pj's for at our house. Tinker Bell is Kiley's favorite.



Tonight was "Girls Night." Once a month we get together without our significant others for supper. One of the best things that has come out of my wedding... besides Jason... is the fact that my bridesmaids have formed this great friendship, even thought their ages and past expirences vary greatly. We get together everymonth... this month we celebrated our birthdays. Our poor waiter didn't know what to think after he asked us who's birthday it was...We all have birthdays during either the last half of January or the first half of February. We have come to love our gift exchanges so much we are doing another next month for Mardi Gras...we set a spending limit and drew names so that we know who we are shopping/making things for... It's great to have a group of friends who get along so well.

After getting home from Girls night I have been playing with my drop spindle sent to me from Darah my sister-in-law (many thanks). The first few attempts at making yarn didn't turn out so well... unless you like really slubby yarn. But I think I finally have a hang of it... it's amazing how easy it really is once you find the right instructor... Thank you YouTube and theartofmegan... she really makes it easy. Here is a picture of the roving (balls of unspun fiber) that I have to play with as well as the spindle and my last attempt.



I hope your find inspiration for you creative outlet this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment