Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Busy Days

It's been a busy couple of days since I posted last. Sunday I took down all of the Christmas decorations and in the process I missed the bottom step of the stairs and scrapped the hell out of my elbow and pulled a muscle in my thigh. This has caused a few problems doing anything because if I sit still my leg tightens back up and then I have to limp until it gets loosened back up. I also finished another block but didn't get posted because it was late and I decided to put it off a day.

Monday was pretty typical... the fog settled in sometime over night and refused to lift and is still making everything including my mood somewhat dampened. The plans were for me to attend my mother-in-law's premier jewelry party which I really didn't want to attend. Luckily my dad was able to get a hold of three tickets to the K-State vs Texas game. So Monday night we enjoyed a wonderful night at Bramlage watching K-State beat Texas.


GO STATE! Even Jason cheered on the Cats!



Unfortunately Monday was a very late night with the fog getting thicker as the night wore on. We didn't get home until one which made the alarm seem really early.


Today the fog seemed thicker and though it provides for some pretty pictures. It's getting old already. I miss the sun and unfortunately I don't think that we are going to see it for a few days.

Tonight was filled with laundry and crocheting. I finished the last square needed for my block and hope to get the block assembled tomorrow night.

Here are the last two squares. The one on the left is often referred to as a granny block. The one on the right is a combination of skips, single stitches and double stitches. Though the color variation is what makes the square interesting.

The wet foggy weather has made things difficult on the farm. Jason is exhausted today after sorting cows in the muck all day.

The next couple of days I will be working with the service department as we move the accounting department of the local hospital from two locations into one. We will also spend the majority of next week completing the move. This weekend we will be busy running again but should have a good time with my cousins.

No comments:

Post a Comment