Sunday, January 24, 2010

Back from OK

This weekend we have been on the road. Friday night we started in Canton at a wedding reception then preceded to Oklahoma. We stayed at Perry, OK before meeting my cousins in Weatherford. Weatherford is an interesting town on Route 66 that is surrounded by wind turbines.

In Weatherford we watched a Texas Women's University basketball game. We then played around in Weatherford Saturday and even found their scrapbook store (not surprising considering Anna scrapbooks even more than I do).

Today we drove back to Oklahoma City and saw the sites.
The Federal Memorial

The Botanical Gardens and Bricktown

Overall the trip was wonderful with the only drawback being the wind. It blew nonstop which made driving home kind of entertining.

Obviously I haven't had a chance to work on the scrapbook... other than adding to the stack of pictures that need to be worked on but I did get several more squares made. I'm not sure why but I really enjoyed making my block so I'm going to make a few more for my baby shower stash. Though the next few weeks you will probably be hearing about my attempts to spin my own yarn. My sister-in-law Darah sent me in one of her spare spindles so I am going to attempt to make my own yarn. I'm really excited to try... so check back to see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment