Monday, January 25, 2010

Back again for inspiration

So I am back. The last hour I have been working on another one of my goals for the year... The "Love Dare"... not the 40 day version... the 365 day devotional version. I have had difficulties reading my one page per day. Sad considering that I have read multiple books since the first of the year.

I originally got it hoping that it would help Jason and I grow in our faith together but unfortionately I am the only one who is interested in reading it. After watching the movied Jason was even less enthused in joining me...he actually seemed offended that I wanted too.

Jason and I where both technically raised Christian... I say technically because our bliefs vary a great deal. He is Catholic... very devote... not so much because it's what he beliefs but because he "every religion has its faults and he at least know's its faults." I on the other hand was raised methodist though since how found that I relate best with the praise and worship type of christions... pretty much the extreme of what Jason was raised with. This has caused several "hang-ups" in our relationship... in fact it is one of the major reasons that we dated so long before we got married. Our final resolution on the issue was that we would search for a church that we both liked... and that our children would be baptised at birth.

Before then when had been rotating services one week at mass the next at a worship service. Unfortionately since we have gotten married we have not attended church together partially because I do not enjoy attending services that I cannot participate in, nor do I enjoy listening to a paster,priest,minster that have no passion for what they are preaching. I have not been to church in months... Jason on the other hand gets up every Sunday to attend 7:30 mass just as his mother taught him because in his "faith" that is what really matters... he then goes to farm for chores and I never see him until noon at the earliest. It's amazing what changes after you get married. I do try to get up and go with him but it is hard to wake yourself up and go to a place that you don't feel welcome and it is equally as difficult to get up and go by yourself.

So I am going to make my way through the love dare book... posting here to keep myself accountable and hopefully get closer to my goal of reading the bible cover to cover. I'm currently at 1 Kings. Hopefully as I work towards my goals I can show Jason the love and patients that God intends for us and in the mean time convince him that there is so much more to Christianity than attending church every Sunday and hopefully inspire to want more of Gods love so that our journey in Christ can proceede as one not two.

No comments:

Post a Comment