Sunday, February 28, 2010

Entertainment

This weekend has been one full of cheap entertainment. Last night we went to the KSU-Missouri game and had a great time cheering on the Cats!

Today Jason and I went out to help Ryan cut down trees at his house. The first three trees went wonderfully and we had them cut up and ready to split or chip in a little over an hour and a half. The last one was a little more stubborn. Here it is after they had worked on it for a while and had pinched a couple of chain saws...


This picture only shows half the crew... the rest of us were watching at a safe distance at this point. You might ask why they left such a tall stump. They want to play with their other toy... the bull dozer... that and the tree is pretty large and they decided that it would take less time to get it down this way... eventually they did get it to come down. Though they weren't done yet when Jason and I left to go to the farm to do chores.

Things got even more entertaining at the farm... things were pretty normal... fix a developing hole in the fence... open gates for the feed wagon... drain the water hoses for the night... Then Derek and I notice that one of the calves has his leg caught in something. He gets out to investigate and finds a wire wrapped around his hind leg... so he grabs it and pulls hoping that it will come off. Of course it doesn't and the calf is now not happy. So Jason comes over to help... he grabs the calf and tries to pen him down so they can untangle him without getting kicked... the calf really doesn't like this so a struggle ensued... Unfortunately I wasn't thinking quick enough to pull out my camera which is still in my coat pocket.

Jason is trying to tackle the calf and Derek holding on to the wire trying to slow it... Jason finally gets it into a place where it cannot move... not because Jason is strong and overpowers him but because during the fight the calf flopped into a puddle of sludge... Needless to say watching Jason and a calf struggle in the puddle while Derek held on to the calf's "leash" was quite hilarious and Vaughn and I struggle to hold back our laughs. Here is how things turned out.


This picture really doesn't show the extent of Jason's mess but I was glad I was at the farm to witness it.

No comments:

Post a Comment