Thursday, February 4, 2010

Worst Nightmare

Ocasionally a news story brings out every farm family's worst nightmare. Last night it happened... about 5 miles from the farm a tractor rolled over and killed someone. Read more about it here. Luckily Jason was home before we heard about. It still didn't help matters today when I got a text from my accident-prone husband that he was at the hospital. Jason's brother Aaron had been bitten by Lucky the part pit-bull farm dog. Luckily, Lucky missed the artery in Aarons face by millimeters leaving it exposed. STATCare, the local small emergency facility took one look at him and sent him to the ER. Aaron will be okay but will probably forever have a scar. Lucky was put down which makes me relieved. Lucky had been sent to the farm becasue no one trusted him around the kids and now that the kids are going to the farm more often it was only a matter of time until something happened. So as bad as this might make me sound I am glad Lucky is gone.

The bright side of this story is that I got to spend the afternoon with my niece... and got my baby fix a few days early. Darah didn't want to take a six month old with her when she went to the hopsital so I volunteered to watch her. We had fun playing on the floor and mom was very happy to see that I wore her out and got her into a very deep sleep. Darah was headed to walmart for groceries and meds and was looking to a realitivly quiet trip.


Yep she was out.

Hopefully I will sleep that well tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment