Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Great Weekend

So it's been a view days since I posted last but we have been busy... celebrating. What you might ask? Well, birthdays!

Saturday night we started off our celebrations at Gerret's house for his birthday. Gerret has been one of Jason's best friends since well forever. It was fun to be back at Gerret's house but a little awkward all at the same time. The last time I was at his house was when I was helping Allison his now ex-wife, my former roommate and one of my greatest friends move out. The house is strangely the same but drastically different now without Allison there... not that I don't like his new girlfriend but it's just not the same cozy feeling. It was great to see some old friends and meet their new baby as we cheered on the Wildcats in their almost upset of KU. It really was a great game.

Sunday was my birthday. We met Jason's parents, Grandma and all of the grandkids at Tuscons... my favorite steak place for lunch. Then it was a lazy day at home complete with a cake made by Jason.



Monday was Jason's birthday. So after a full day at work we came home and celebrated again. Since we already had a cake I made supper... meatballs, cheesy potatoes and veggie medley.

I also pulled out a couple of set of the candles used for centerpieces at our wedding... and found a few lovely additions. Notice the mosquito in the candle on the left


Other than birthdays the last few days have been pretty typical for both of us. I did get some more scrapbooking pages finished and started on my girls night gift... I'm crocheting beads to make a necklace...and will post pictures when it's completed. Jason changed all of the locks in our house which is wonderful because now I know exactly how many people have keys to our house... 2. I also finished working on Jason's computer so that now he can do all of the truckline paper work here instead of in his mom's basement.


Hopefully the rest of the week goes as fast as the first few days has.

No comments:

Post a Comment