This is one of the many flowers that my new hibiscus is producing this week.
I got to end a very busy Saturday this week celebrating my neice's first birthday! She really enjoyed the frosting on her cake. She actually licked her high chair after they took the cake from her.
The last couple of weeks I have been working on several projects. I completed my first afghan and my first quilt. Both will be gifts for new babies. I've started on a blue version of the afghan and will probably attempt another quilt in the next month so that I am prepared for whatever my sister-in-laws have.
I started the quilt on Monday and completed it in a little over a week. It is about 30"x35" and the afghan is closer to 36" square. I need a little more practise before I produce perfect quilts but it turned out really good considering that it was my first and I haven't sewn anything since high school.
I'm now working on a "boy" afghan as well as several scarves requested by my nieces and nephew. Keep checking back in for more projects.
No comments:
Post a Comment