Friday, January 7, 2011

Joshua's Quilt

My Christmas sewing is finally completed. Everything except for the sashing is from my grandma's stash. I plan on giving it to my cousin's newest son when we see them for Christmas in January.


I started this quilt using this pattern from Moda's Bakeshop. Everything was going great and then I miss counted how many coins there were per row so my blocks were not square. So I decided to venture out on my own and widen the sashing between blocks and piece in a sqaure in the center to make everything line up. Since 4 blocks weren't quite big enough I added a  5" boarder to make similar in size to this quilt. Joshua's Quilt Front
 
This is the first quilt that was too big to use a single width of fabric for the back. So I used a couple of leftover stacks to create a pieced strip to make the backing wide enough.

Joshua's Quilt Back

I really liked how this quilt turned out though if I had it do do over again I would switch the border and binding materials.

No comments:

Post a Comment