Monday, December 20, 2010

It's time...

Christmas is almost here and I am finally starting to get in the mood. My to do list is starting to get smaller, though I still have a ton to get done before my final Christmas in January. I took Friday off and spent the entire day and part of Saturday baking. I made pecan rolls, Oreo truffles, Divinity, 3 different kinds of cookies and orange chews. Sunday was my mom’s side Christmas, where I entered a purple and white scarf into the exchange. I will post pictures once December Christmas’s are over because some gifts were made for multiple people/exchanges. My sister was given one of the last chances to steal it but decided to gamble and hope that there was one under the tree for her. She gambled wrong but I was looking for one last idea for her went to JoAnns over the lunch hour for more yarn. Add another thing to my to do list. --> I still have to get almost that entire list done and wrapped before the fifth of January. Actually the list doesn’t look too bad, but most of what I have left are large projects and only the ABC book has been started (prewashing doesn’t count).


In less than two weeks we will be starting a new year and in honor of the New Year I will be simplifying my life. I will be cleaning out my dashboard and eliminating blogs that no longer inspire me. I will be deleting the games off of my Facebook and may unfriend/block a few people as needed. Life has gotten so complicated lately that I decided to start my new year early. The family/IL drama no longer warrants any attention and neither does my work drama. I will be more optimistic and will complain less to my husband. I will try to be less snarky and will love my nieces and nephews equally regardless of their parents’ personal opinions/decisions. Hopefully the next year will bring us closer to our dream and will inspire both of us to be better people. What do you want for your New Year?

1 comment:

  1. I love your goals. I agree that sometimes you just have to let things go. I'm going to be trying that in the new year as well as some other things.

    ReplyDelete