Last Friday was Lindsey's Bridal Shower. We had fun hearing how Brett and Lindsey met and how he proposed.
Saturday we tried to start harvest... and after an hour in the field decided that it was still too wet. Jason left for 4-H camp on Sunday and I spent they day with my parents and grandparents celebrating Father's Day. I spent the first part of the week waiting for the phone call from Jason's brothers say "we are cutting and need supper" but it never came... so I made ice cream. Wednesday, I called my mother-in-law and offered to bring the ice cream to the field.
Here is the combine driver in person... climbing back up after we unclogged the header. Unfortionately that wasn't the only thing clogged but luckily it worked itself out.
The only other incident that happened this year is shown below....
Do you see the difference?
Sunsests are always the best at harvest.... especially with all that extra dust in the air.
Thursday at 4:50 I checked the local news sites like I always do and found this story. Which was very comforting especially when I was headed to the elevator and this is where you wait in line....
In the farm line you drive right up the middle of the elevator and then make a hard right to dump... I have often sat there and wondered what would happen if the whole place exploded or in this case collapsed. But it does lend itself to some very interesting views.
Tonight I have been working on things for Lindsey's Bachelorette party. Here's a little teaser for her. :D
Tomorrow night I will be partying with Lindsey. My cousin Anna and her mom, will be coming up on Tuesday for some scrapbook time and their husbands Eriq and Mike will be joining us for the anually family Fourth of July. Then I'm off to help my other cousin decorate for her wedding which is rapidly approaching on the 10th. Somewhere in there we are planning on squeezing in a firework party with Jason's family. The next few weeks my posts may be few and far between but look for some big posts with lots of pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment