Monday, June 13, 2011

The secret is out

Wow, it's June and I've been quiet for a really long time. Why? I've been keeping a secret and since this blog is linked from my facebook page I couldn't share until I was ready for everyone on facebook to know. Thought we are not annoucing on facebook we have told everyone who shouldn't find out via the internet.

Jason and I are going to have a baby. I'm at 11 weeks and due on Christmas which Jason's family finds a little funny because this cutie was due on Christmas last year.
Between her (the 27th) and Jason's dad (the 23rd) our child will have birthday buddies to celebrate with. (I'm very thankful for this because it's hard to have birthdays that close to Christmas) We are not going to find out what we are having but I have quite a collection of generic items that are on my to make list. Be prepared for lots of baby related crafts for a while.

Since my last post things have been very busy. Jason's littlest brother got married and we discovered that we have a young Marilyn in the family. Who could blame her though it was really hot that weekend.
My sister-in-law's father was given a cancer free diagnosis then ended up in the hospital where they found more cancer and was given 2 weeks to live. It was a crazy three weeks, where we did anything we could to help and took care of the kids so that she could be with him the last few days. He died the morning after Derek's wedding. Our entire family traveled to celebrate his life. The kids can always find a way to keep us smiling even though the hardest times in life.
 

When June hits so do the long days on the farm. If I'm lucky I get to see Jason before dark.
Yep that's him. Last week was the rush to get the beans planted and before that the corn. Now they are working on getting the combines and trucks ready for harvest.  Area farmers are hoping for an average yeild because there are a lot of sad looking fields this year. Jason hasn't even gone to see what ours looks like but he is not very optimistic. Hopefully he will be pleasently surprised. If you live in the Midwest be prepared for combines and lots of truck traffic in the next couple of weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment