Monday, April 25, 2011

Things I didn't say

This weekend I came across a really good post from Stitched in Color titled "there are things that I don't say." Though her confessions were not that shocking, they got me thinking. I originally started this blog as a place share about my life and all the happiness and frustrations that come along with it. Along the way it became a blog about my crafts as I became more involved in the craft board on the nest. As I started reading more blogs, I became more self conscious about my blogging and what I thought my readers wanted to read. After reading Rachel's post, I decided to lift the filter that I have placed on my blog and get back to the reason I started this blog.

Here are a few of the things that I haven't said in the last few months:
*I really hate wonky quilts. They look like they were screwed up so badly that no amount of trimming could have fixed them.
*Some of my favorite blogs to read are not always the ones with the great pictures of projects but the ones with the cute kids mixed in doing everyday things.
*Blog giveaways annoy me most of the time.
*I love my cricut but am so over provocraft and all of their BS that I wish I had a Silhouette.
*There are days that I absolutely hate my job and then I eat lunch with my friend and am reminded how lucky I am to work where I do.
*We haven't told anyone that we are no longer avoiding having kids and its getting harder and harder to answer the question "When are you going to have kids" because I can't say any day now, just in case it doesn't happen.
*To Q&A: I haven't commented on the CB site because I never know what to say, but I will be there in 7 hours if you need me to be.
* Almost all of the cute projects that I want to make right now are little kid related but I don't have kids and I'd get a major side-eye from my SIL's if I started sewing for theirs.
*To my dearest friend: I love you more that words can exrpess and I would gladly take away any of the hardships that have come into your life.

What haven't you said?

No comments:

Post a Comment