Thursday, March 3, 2011

WIP Updates

As requested by Helen, here is the latest afghan that I am working on. It is based off of this pattern that I found on Ravelry. Currently I have 3 correctly finished blocks and about a half a dozen that only have 5 petals. I liked the look of the 5 petal design better and made several before I figured out that they don't fit together properly. The top right one probably won't make the cut because of the color placement within the block. I'm thinking about adding a khaki color into the mix as well for the centers and the second from the outer round. Each block takes about an hour to complete once I pick up the hook. The problem lately is getting the hook picked up.
Feb 022

This is where my color inspiration came from. I found these at Joanns and fell in love which surprised me because I typically really don't like oragne. They will eventually be made into a quilt though I haven't found a pattern that I really want to make with them yet.
Quilts 003

Shortly after my niece was born in December, I caught the baby bug and started knitting this. It's the Telemark Pullover found on Ravelry using yarn from my grandma's stash. I'm making it in a 6-9 month range though my gauge appears to be a little off so I'm not sure what size it will end up. I'm almost ready to split off for the arms. I need to pick this project back up.

Feb 025

I'm also working on a pinwheel quilt. Below are the pieces before they were sewn together. I have gotten them into pinwheel blocks that are ready to be shashed but this project got set aside when my newest niece was born last month. I already had a pink quilt made but was working on this one in case she was a boy.

January 040

I have gotten some scrapbooking done lately and am now ready to scrapbook Easter 2010. Hopefully I won't fall more than a year behind again.

Feb 004

Feb 006

Feb 009
I blocked out her name on this picture. It is green with a white shadow like the 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment