This week was filled with a ton of snow. 11.5" to be exact so we have again been snuggled on the couch playing video games on the Wii. This is what our house looks like after 11.5" and a little wind.

The large bush looked like the back of a dinosaur from inside. He fell apart shortly after the sun came out.
The cold weather has made me very content to live in town and plant my butt on the couch at nights. I haven't worked on my quilt at all since getting the blocks put together the last week of January. I haven't worked on my sweater or my scrapbook either. I did make a few blocks for an afghan during the Super Bowl only to fingure out that they won't piece together like I hoped. I haven't touched it since.

Pinwheel quilt in progress.
We also been waiting on a phone call about a house. We originally contacted the owners last May and at the time they were interested in doing something but hadn't cleaned out the house since their parents died. Since one of the sisters lives out of state and the other in southern Kansas, they weren't prepared to do anything and couldn't get to it very quickly. I called again in January and they had been working on it and she was going to call her sister again and would call me back in the next week. Almost two weeks later I'm still waiting. I'm a lot more relaxed now that I was in May. Maybe it's because of the nasty weather. It's also helpful to know that they are truly thinking about it and had worked at the house this summer. Our conversation was a lot more informative this time and now we know a little more about how much work it will take to get the house back in shape after its been vacant so long. The second floor will need all new sheetrock because the plaster is falling down. We weren't surprised about this because we are talking about a 120 year old house that has been vacant most of the last decade. This fact also makes me happy. By having to replace the sheetrock we will have access to the electrical and have the chance to insulate the second story as well. It maybe a lot of work but it will be worth it. They have also put a new load of rock on the driveway, which makes me smile.
Surprisingly this information hasn't made me rush around to finish and fix things at our house. There are a ton of things that need to be sorted through before we could pack and move and there is still some painting needed. The front entry hasn't been touched since I ripped the wallpaper off. There is still nasty pink trim in the basement and as you can see above the outside needs paint too. At this point I'm perfectly content to wait and see what happens. Hopefully, we won't have to wait long.
No comments:
Post a Comment