*** Warning this post contains a vent so if you were with me this weekend and can't handle my opinion then don't read it***
As you may have notice my blog post today contains a warning. I included this warning because I'm going to touch on a subject that got one of my sister-in-laws in trouble with family and I agree whole-heartedly with her. What you may ask has caused such an issue? Sad to say it was a pair of jeans.
I was raised in a family where jeans can be worn almost anywhere. The key word being almost. I am in the group that views denim (even the super dark blue) as causal and appropriate for things such as family gatherings, bbqs and school. With that being said jeans are NEVER appropriate at weddings or funerals.
Saturday, we were sittig at a wedding waiting for it to begin and in walks the daughter of the groom (23+ and married) in her jeans. Wow... really??? You show up to your dad's wedding in jeasn? So on with the wedding... about 10 minutes into the wedding in walks four memebers of our family ... in their jeans and I don't mean jeans and dressy shirt. We are talking something I might wear to a family gathering if I hadn't done laundry in a couple of weeks.
A little backstory here... three of them went to Manhappiness Friday night to participate in Fake Pattys Day and even though it was 10 after 4:00 I'm pretty sure that maybe only one of them had a shower. If you are going to show up the middle of the ceremony and look like shit at least take the time to shower so that it looks like you might have put some effort into getting ready!
There are several other things that I could vent about tonight but I'll call it quits.
No comments:
Post a Comment