
(Project Nursery: Henry's Nursery)
I had eventually talked myself out of painting the detail on the wall due to time constraints and how long my to do list was. And then I saw this on pinterest:

(Can not trace it back to original source, if it's yours please let me know)
I was in love and wished that I had found this sooner so I could totally redecorate everything. As I sat there staring at this picture it occured to me that there was no reason that I couldn't still do this without repainting the entire room. This would work with my blue just as well as with their greys. So I got to work cleaning out the craft room. Well most of it so I could get to the wall that I wanted to paint.
Using a white colored pencil I divided the room into thirds horizontally which for me was about 30". After playing around a little bit I figured out that at 27" wide I could fit 5 across the wall which would give me almost sqaure diamonds like the picture. After blocking out a grid, I started finding the center of each section so that I knew where my points should hit. Then I simply connected the dots to form my diamonds.

Here is what a close up of what the wall looked like at this point. It was time to start taping.
I laid tape on the outside of the diamonds that need painted and then used a 6" metal ruler to create a crisp tear at the point. I originally thought that this step was going to be a ton of work but it was really quick and easy once I had the pattern drawn and figured out an easy way to create a crisp tear. Up next painting.
No comments:
Post a Comment